Practical Exam Tips

Alles i.v.m. praktijkopleiding en examen.
luisvalencia123

Practical Exam Tips

Bericht door luisvalencia123 »

Hello

I would like to know exam tips for the practical exam, I have heard of some stupid examineers to reject the license for some stupid things like:

1. When they ask you to park and go outside the car, if you dont secure your car. Even when they stay inside the car.
WTF?? Are they dumb or what?

2. In the highway a friend was at 90kph behind a truck, and the license was rejected because he didnt overtake the truck

I would like to know more tips like these so I dont lose the exam, I wonder why examineers reject for these stupid things, and dont come to me saying its the rules, because the decision to drive at 90kp in highway its mine, and its under the law. Nobody can obligate me to drive at more than 90, also the fact of not securing a car for 10 seconds HAS nothing to do with the fact you know to drive.
GRO
Administrator

Re: Practical Exam Tips

Bericht door GRO »

1. When they ask you to park and go outside the car, if you dont secure your car. Even when they stay inside the car.

2. In the highway a friend was at 90kph behind a truck, and the license was rejected because he didnt overtake the truck
What is the problem?

If you park the car, you have to lock the doors. If you don't do that, you get bad points.
If you drive too fast on the highway, you get bad points. But if you drive too slow, you will also get bad points.
I wonder why examineers reject for these stupid things
Just follow the rules and there is no problem.
because the decision to drive at 90kp in highway its mine, and its under the law.
The Belgian law says: you may not drive to fast, but it's also forbidden to drive unnecessarily too slow.

If you go to a driving school, they will explain you all those important rules.
If you understand Dutch, you can download our practical guide (140 pages).
levalencia123

Bericht door levalencia123 »

GRO schreef:

What is the problem?

If you park the car, you have to lock the doors. If you don't do that, you get bad points.
If you drive too fast on the highway, you get bad points. But if you drive too slow, you will also get bad points.
I wonder why examineers reject for these stupid things
Just follow the rules and there is no problem.
because the decision to drive at 90kp in highway its mine, and its under the law.
The Belgian law says: you may not drive to fast, but it's also forbidden to drive unnecessarily too slow.

If you go to a driving school, they will explain you all those important rules.
If you understand Dutch, you can download our practical guide (140 pages).

1. You have to lock the doors if you are going away, but giving bad points for that its just ridiculous because you are doing just an exercise, you leave the car, and get back in again, why would you lock the door for that, even when the examineer is inside?, does it make sense to you? The answer you are lookin is NO, it does not.
I can understand that you get bad points for that, but not that the exam is disapproved for that only.
I already know and I will do it, just thinking on that its ridiculous.

2. 90 its not slow, the rules say that minimum is 70 on highway, so you should not get bad points if you drive at 90 on the highway. And on the right lane you are allowed to drive at 90 if you want, so you should not get bad points either for that because its UNDER the traffic regulations.
Wouter

Bericht door Wouter »

1. Doors should be locked, in order to prevent theft. During the exam, part of the "exercise" is to see if you can remember to lock the doors when you're leaving your car. During the exercise, you will clearly get the assignment to leave you're car AS IF YOU WERE GOING TO RUN AN ERRAND.
=> That means you should lock the door.
You're not doing "just an exercise". You're taking a test. And part of the assignment actually is to lock the doors.

2. If you don't want this explained with rules, there's another reason:
If you get your driver's licence, you are allowed to overtake. So you should be able to do that. So the examiner will want to see if you're capable of overtaking safely and correctly, before granting you your permit.
If you don't overtake, and keep on driving at 90km/h behind the truck, the examiner won't be able to properly judge all of your driving qualities. And when he can't properly judge, you will fail the exam. (D*mn it, I thought I could explain this without rules, but that last sentence actually kind of is a rule...)
Also by not overtaking, the candidate gives the impression that he KNOWS that he's not very good at overtaking, and therefore just keeps on driving in the right lane "to play safe". So the examiner won't just "not see" you capacities, he will even get the impression that you very well know that you're incapable of overtaking. What else would be a reason not to overtake even though it's perfectly possible?
Therefore, a candidate can fail the exam, if he doesn't overtake when possible.
"Chances are if you need both hands to do something, your brain should be in on it too." - Ellen DeGeneres: Here and Now (2003)
Gast

Bericht door Gast »

Wouter schreef:1. Doors should be locked, in order to prevent theft. During the exam, part of the "exercise" is to see if you can remember to lock the doors when you're leaving your car. During the exercise, you will clearly get the assignment to leave you're car AS IF YOU WERE GOING TO RUN AN ERRAND.
=> That means you should lock the door.
You're not doing "just an exercise". You're taking a test. And part of the assignment actually is to lock the doors.

2. If you don't want this explained with rules, there's another reason:
If you get your driver's licence, you are allowed to overtake. So you should be able to do that. So the examiner will want to see if you're capable of overtaking safely and correctly, before granting you your permit.
If you don't overtake, and keep on driving at 90km/h behind the truck, the examiner won't be able to properly judge all of your driving qualities. And when he can't properly judge, you will fail the exam. (D*mn it, I thought I could explain this without rules, but that last sentence actually kind of is a rule...)
Also by not overtaking, the candidate gives the impression that he KNOWS that he's not very good at overtaking, and therefore just keeps on driving in the right lane "to play safe". So the examiner won't just "not see" you capacities, he will even get the impression that you very well know that you're incapable of overtaking. What else would be a reason not to overtake even though it's perfectly possible?
Therefore, a candidate can fail the exam, if he doesn't overtake when possible.
wow, makes a lot of sense now :)
CarDriver

Bericht door CarDriver »

You have to drive at the speed according the trafic conditions. If you are on the highway, you are allowed to drive between 120 km/h and 70 km/h. Sometimes when is much trafic you drive even 50 km/h or slower. When you can drive safely at maximum speed (120 km/h) and able to overtake a truck because it is possible to overtake, you must do this. The reasons are different. One is that you must show that you are not scared to overtake. Second is that you can't drive behind a truck and not see what is in front of you. The truck driver may not even see you too because of the wide blind spot in trucks. You think you are driving safely but this is not really defensive driving in my opinion. When you are a beginner not everything is explained and why must be done in a certain way. In 40 min you have to show as much as possible of your driving skills. Driving behind (tailgating) a truck like an old person is not the best example to earn a driving license.
Yiran You

Bericht door Yiran You »

Thank you for Douter and car driver's reply with reasons why it grant a failure. It is very useful for new learner like me
Plaats reactie