Upgrade from C1E to C UK Licence in Belgium ?

Vragen i.v.m. andere rijbewijzen.
andyv

Upgrade from C1E to C UK Licence in Belgium ?

Bericht door andyv »

Sorry for writing in English my Flemish is niet so goed.....
I have a UK licence which gives me C1E cover but need to upgrade to C can I do this here in Belgium ? I live here& have a Belgian E Card & NI number etc also a BTW number as self standing
I was told that an English guy took lesson & a short test to upgrade his licence in the same way as I need to do here in Belgium but cannot get any more details
I do not need to go to a full articulated truck but from a 7.5 T to a larger but rigid vechile
Is there some way of doing this here in Belgium ? I live in Oudenaarde but happy to travel to wherever for training lessons etc
Hope someone can help with this ?
Many Thanks Greetings
Stefan Peeters
Administrator

Re: Upgrade from C1E to C UK Licence in Belgium ?

Bericht door Stefan Peeters »

Since when do you have the English C1?
Als ik zou willen dat je het begreep, legde ik het wel beter uit 8) (J. Cruijff)
andyv

Bericht door andyv »

It was on my licence when issued in 1982 I have drove trucks in this class
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

andyv schreef:It was on my licence when issued in 1982 I have drove trucks in this class
Is it still valid in the UK for C1+E ?

Do you have a Belgian driver's licence ?
andyv

Bericht door andyv »

Inazuma schreef:
andyv schreef:It was on my licence when issued in 1982 I have drove trucks in this class
Is it still valid in the UK for C1+E ?

Do you have a Belgian driver's licence ?
Yes it is still valid for the C1+E

Its UK Issued but European so no need for Belgian Licence until it needs renewing in 2021 -although that seems a grey area as I was fined by the Belgian Police once for not having a Belgian Licence then at my local town hall they said no this was wrong & my UK (European) is sufficient in fact correct for me
Stefan Peeters
Administrator

Bericht door Stefan Peeters »

Your English license is valid, but for commercial transport only until 9 september 2016.

You have to take 35 hours of lessons about "Vakbekwaamheid". Then the local town hall will give you a license including the code "95", valid for 5 years.
You also have to go to a doctor as a Belgian license C(1) has only a medical validity of 5 years.

When you want to upgrade your license to a "C", permitting you to drive vehicles over 7.5 tons, you will have to do an examination at Goca.
Best is to ask advice at a local driving school.
Als ik zou willen dat je het begreep, legde ik het wel beter uit 8) (J. Cruijff)
andyv

Bericht door andyv »

Ok thanks for the info
Plaats reactie