Question 8473: When does moped have priority in a junction

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Erlend

Question 8473: When does moped have priority in a junction

Bericht door Erlend »

Afbeelding

The correct answer is B.
I'm just wondering: Is the only reason that the moped does not have priority, that there are no white line beside the red bicycle path, e.g. it's only a suggested bicycle path?

However, then the explanation when I was wrong is confusing. It says
The blue car has priority from the right.
The moped on the bicycle reserved lane drives straight ahead may go before the brown car.
It calls it "bicycle reserved lane" which kind of conflicts with my hypothesis. Because on a real/reserved cycle lane, the book says that cyclists and moped drivers can always drive first in such a junction.
Inazuma

Re: Question 8473: When does moped have priority in a junction

Bericht door Inazuma »

Erlend schreef: 14 mar 2021, 11:49
I'm just wondering: Is the only reason that the moped does not have priority, that there are no white line beside the red bicycle path, e.g. it's only a suggestION?
Don't even call it a suggested bicycle path, as it's not a cycle or cycling path at all ...

It's a fata morgana :wink:
Legally, it's not there ...

The moped doesn't have priority, as it's not on a cycling path and the blue car is coming from the right
(no priority signs)

In order to have priority, the moped must be on a cycling path (and be allowed to ride on it as well !)
You'd need to see either the road markings indicating a cycling path, or a sign indicating a cycling path - neither is present

However, then the explanation when I was wrong is confusing. It says
The blue car has priority from the right.
The moped on the bicycle reserved lane drives straight ahead may go before the brown car.
If it's called a reserved lane in the theory or Question, that'd need to be changed.
It's neither a reserved part of the road, nor a lane, nor a path ...

The moped has priority over the BROWN car as the moped goes straight ahead, while the brown car turns right and thus has to yield

So the order here is
Blue
Moped
Brown

Because on a real/reserved cycle lane, the book says that cyclists and moped drivers can always drive first in such a junction.
Not "always" :idea:
Only in the absence of priority signs :!:

Priority signs take precedence over the rule that cyclists/mopeds have priority on a cycling path.
Erlend

Re: Question 8473: When does moped have priority in a junction

Bericht door Erlend »

Thanks! The wording in the explanation is wrong then.
Not "always" :idea:
Only in the absence of priority signs
Yep, thanks for correcting me!
Plaats reactie