Question 7184

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
shubham2000

Question 7184

Bericht door shubham2000 »

I thought, the car on the right always receives priority, and this is what it says in the theory?
Jozef
Medewerker

Re: Question 7184

Bericht door Jozef »

As the left lane ends, at that point, it works like a zip fastener: one car from the right lane alternating with one car from the left lane. This means that each driver on the right lane has to allow one driver on the left lane to come to the right lane.

This priority only applies at the end of the lane that ends.
shubham2000

Bericht door shubham2000 »

But in theory for priority of reduction of the lane, it states that any driver on the right lane gets priority and does not have to give priority to the cars coming from the left lane.

If there was a reduction in the right lane, then he theory states that the car on the left lane has to give priority to the car on the right lane.

This is all stated in lesson 20
Jozef
Medewerker

Bericht door Jozef »

shubham2000 schreef: 16 okt 2017, 22:16 But in theory for priority of reduction of the lane, it states that any driver on the right lane gets priority and does not have to give priority to the cars coming from the left lane.
I see the problem.

According to the legal regulations, one on one priority must be given to the drivers on the lane that ends, wether that lane is on the left hand or on the right hand. If there is a lane that ends on both sides, the order is as follows: 1 driver of the right lane - 1 driver of the middle lane - 1 driver of the left lane - 1 driver of the middle lane, etc.

I searched the web, excluding sites from newspapers and police stations, and found this confirmed on several trustworthy sites:

- Federal Public Service for Mobility and Transportation
- Law office "AdLex"
- Law office "Into Law"
- Belgian Roads and Traffic agency

There was a specific site on this subjet, www.ritsen.be from Johan Van Hoof, but at present, the site has no more contents.

However, on this site, lesson 20, GRO states that several jurisdictions would have sentenced that only drivers coming from the right side should be given priority. As this seems even not to be known by the above mentioned law offices, I would like GRO to publish a link to such sentences.

To be followed...
Plaats reactie