When do you get immediate suspension of your driving license? 20kph or 30kph too fast?

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Cools

When do you get immediate suspension of your driving license? 20kph or 30kph too fast?

Bericht door Cools »

When do you get immediate suspension of your driving license by the police? 20kph or 30kph too fast in the built up area?

In the book (P.77) mentions that it should be 20kph. But, when I did the exam online, it said 30kph. Which one I should follow?
Inazuma

Re: When do you get immediate suspension of your driving license? 20kph or 30kph too fast?

Bericht door Inazuma »

Cools schreef:When do you get immediate suspension of your driving license by the police? 20kph or 30kph too fast in the built up area?

In the book (P.77) mentions that it should be 20kph. But, when I did the exam online, it said 30kph. Which one I should follow?
Suspending a driver's licence by a judge, is possible starting when speeding by 20kph (or more) than allowed.

From 30 kph excess speed, you can get an immediate suspension
pdesai84

Re: When do you get immediate suspension of your driving license? 20kph or 30kph too fast?

Bericht door pdesai84 »

I have the same question/doubt.

Question 8132:
How many kph are you driving too fast on this road within a built up area in order for the police to take away your driving licence immediately for a certain period of time?

A. Starting at 20 kph too fast.
B. Starting at 30 kph too fast.
C. Starting at 40 kph too fast.

Answers as per portal is: B

However, I thought it was A.

@Inazuma: I think you might have misunderstood the question. The question is about suspending a driving licence by the Police and not by the Judge and that too within a build up area.

As per the book:
Immediate suspension of your driving licence by the Police driving too fast:
Motorway/Express road/Regular road: 30kph
Build up area/30 zone/Residential area: 20kph

Can you please clarify this.
Thanks.
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Well ... it's both ;-)

Artikel 55

§ 1. Het rijbewijs of het als zodanig geldend bewijs kan onmiddellijk ingetrokken worden :

5° indien de bestuurder een van de speciaal door de Koning aangewezen overtredingen bedoeld in artikel 29 van de tweede, derde of vierde graad heeft begaan of indien de bestuurder de toegelaten maximumsnelheid met meer dan 20 kilometer per uur heeft overschreden binnen een bebouwde kom, zone 30, schoolomgeving, woonerf of erf of indien de bestuurder de toegelaten maximumsnelheid met meer dan 30 kilometer per uur heeft overschreden;

So ...

In a built up area, zone 30, school zone, woonerf (It's in Oxford's Living Dictionary ! aka home zone) you CAN get an immediate suspension starting @ 20 kph excess speed.

Elsewhere on the road, you CAN get an immediate suspension starting @ 30 kph excess speed.
Plaats reactie