theory exam in english

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
aleksaa

theory exam in english

Bericht door aleksaa »

Hi!

I wanted to assure myself. I know there are books available in English, and I heard it is possible to take the exam in English (theory and practical too?). Is it correct? If yes, where could I get an information about schools offering such classes in English?

Another question is about the private instructor, does the person have to be Belgian or the nationality does not play any role here (just the number of years of experience)?

Thank you in advance for the answers!
Inazuma

Re: theory exam in english

Bericht door Inazuma »

aleksaa schreef:Another question is about the private instructor, does the person have to be Belgian or the nationality does not play any role here (just the number of years of experience)?
If you have a temporary licence, 36 months with a guide ("begeleider" in dutch - someone who needs to accompany you at all times), the guide needs to be eligible for a Belgian driver's licence (i.e. officially live in Belgium).
Nationality is not an issue.

The guide
- needs to have a valid driver's licence B (Belgian or EU) since 8 years
- can't be suspended from the right to drive a car, nor have been suspended in the last 3 years
(that's a potential punishment after conviction by a court)
- needs to be mentioned on the provisional licence
- can't have been a guide in the previous year (exceptions apply for one's kids)
aleksaa

Bericht door aleksaa »

Thank you! Now it is clear.

Still, could you tell me if the theory exam can be taken in Gent, or I should travel to Brussels?
GRO
Administrator

Bericht door GRO »

The theory exam, you can do where you want.
If you want an interpreter, you should contact the examination center to ask if it's possible

The English theory book is: DRIVING LICENCE B.
You can buy it in a Standaard bookshop.

http://theoryb.drivinglicence-belgium.be/
Plaats reactie