x

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
de rijprof
Medewerker
Contacteer:

Re: x

Bericht door de rijprof »

They said that for countries like Colombia we are treated as beginner drivers and that I can not take only 2 hours. They said that is a LIE.
What is a lie?
http://www.derijprof.be - Zoekend kijken, doet je veiliger en vlotter rijden
levalencia1

Bericht door levalencia1 »

that I cant take 2 hours only as somebody suggested here.

They said that I still have to do the 20 hours.
Luis

Bericht door Luis »

Inazuma schreef:
luisvalencia123 schreef:I called Deurne today and they said that I always have to make 20 hours.
That's only correct if you don't have anyone who can legally accompany you during what is officially your 3 months of practicing and the practical exam.

If you have someone who is allowed to accompany you during practicing and the exam, there is no legal requirement to go to a driving school at all.
They said that for countries like Colombia we are treated as beginner drivers and that I can not take only 2 hours. They said that is a LIE.
You understood it wrong I'm afraid.
If you learn on your own, but then use a driving school to accompany you to the practical examination, you must follow 2 hours of instruction with that driving school.
I dont understand why different people say different things about procedures here.
Procedures are pretty complex and vary greatly depending on the external conditions.
As a result, any answer becomes quite complex unless you can give the side conditions
Is there any official way to speed up things, 3 months more is a lot?
No.
Please dont come to me saying that these are the rules.
Rules can be flexible in any place of the planet.
Rules are flexible when there's huge lots of money involved.
But you're not a bank ... :)
There's little money involved in individual driving license cases ... so the rules are solid.

BTW : Nobody checks wether you drive around or not in those 3 months of practice ...
So if you take some driving hours with a driving school (2 hours minimum) or "rijbegeleiding" for pointers on how they want you to drive during the examination, you should be able to pass the test with 18 years of driving experience.
They also have cars and instructors who can accompany you during the examination.
Just a quick question about the last thing you said, with those 2 hours the driving school can put the seal on my paper and say that I can drive alone during those 3 months? And then I should bring the theory result + that paper the driving school gives me with 2 hours and at the districhuis they would gave me a temporary license for 18 months, right?
I still have to wait 3 months for the exam, but I can drive alone, is that correct?
bert.covens

Bericht door bert.covens »

Luis schreef:Just a quick question about the last thing you said, with those 2 hours the driving school can put the seal on my paper and say that I can drive alone during those 3 months? And then I should bring the theory result + that paper the driving school gives me with 2 hours and at the districhuis they would gave me a temporary license for 18 months, right?
I still have to wait 3 months for the exam, but I can drive alone, is that correct?
No, that's not what Inazuma said. This is a huge misunderstanding :!:

A driving school can accompany you for your practical exam. But before they are willing to accompany you, they mostly require at least 2 hours of lessons. They just want to evaluate your chances, if you did not take any lessons by that driving school previously.

But. In order to get a temporary driving license of 18 months, you must take at least 20 hours in a certified driving school. 20 Hours, is a strict minimum. Sometimes, more lessons are required. After those 20 hours, your instructur gives you a document that confirms your ability to drive safe enough to continu learning on your own. With this document, you can get a temporary driving license 18 months.
Goed autorijden, betekent vooral ook aan anderen denken
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Luis schreef:Just a quick question about the last thing you said, with those 2 hours the driving school can put the seal on my paper and say that I can drive alone during those 3 months?
No, those 2 hours are a legal requirement in order to allow a driving school to accompany you to the practical examination.
Nothing more than that.

It's a measure for those who didn't learn to drive @ a driving school, but who want to do the examination with a driving school car & instructor. They'd need some driving time to get used to a different car.
(Remember these rules were made up for novice drivers. They never really gave much thought to drivers in your situation when making those rules.)
And then I should bring the theory result + that paper the driving school gives me with 2 hours and at the districhuis they would gave me a temporary license for 18 months, right?
No.
Sorry if it's complicated, but that's the way these things are over here ...
No.

Basically, there are 2 situations :

1)
If you want to drive alone during those 3 months, you must take 20 hours of driving instruction @ a registered driving school.
(Registered driving schools are identified with a 4-digit number. )
The driving school will then give you a paper which allows you to get a temporary driver's license B (valid for 18 months) that allows you to drive & practice without being accompanied by a licensed driver.
If you can't be without a car for at least 3 months, that's the only way to go. (*)

2)
If you can manage without driving a car for the next 3-4 months, get a temporary drivers license B (valid for 36 months) that requires a licensed driver to accompany you (he or she must have a valid license since at least 8 years)
As you don't have anyone to accompany you, contact a driving school , or someone who offers "rijbegeleiding" (a professional instructor accompanying you, but not within the structure of a driving school) and book a few driving hours + a time slot for the official examination later on.

Even though you've been driving in Colombia, things will be a bit different over here, and they can point out how you're supposed to drive during the examination, what habits you need to change, and what's good.

"Rijbegeleiding" is usually cheaper than a registered driving school, and some even offer to use your own car (if you have one) at reduced hourly rates - but at your own risk. They can also go to the examination with you (for a fee of course).
The drawback of using "Rijbegeleiding" is that those hours never count as officially required driving instruction hours.

When looking for "rijbegeleiding", use google.be and make sure you limit the search to Belgium.

(*) If you need to drive alone in the next 3 months, and need to get your license in the shortest time possible, get a temporary drivers license B (valid for 36 months) - ASAP !
Yes, that's right, get the "wrong" type of temp. license and get it even before you go to a driving school and log the required 20 hours of instruction !
Why ?
Those 3 months start when you get a ("a" as in "any") temporary driver's license B, so you don't lose a couple of weeks while you get in your 20 hours of instruction.
Then by the time you can get a temporary drivers license B (valid for 18 months) after 20 hours of instruction, you'll already be maybe 1 month or more into the 3 month practice period.
This way does cost you an extra passport picture and an extra 9 euro for the temporary license, but you can easily win back 3 to 5 weeks .
It's all about how quickly you want to be allowed to drive around ;)

No matter which temporary license B you'll get, you're not allowed to drive between 22:00 and 06:00 the following day , on these nights :
- Weekend nights (Fri-Sat-Sun)
- Official public holidays (like Christmas and New Year's day, Easter, ... - there's 12 of them)
- The day before a public holiday
de rijprof
Medewerker
Contacteer:

What is a lie?
that I can't take 2 hours only as somebody suggested here.They said that I still have to do the 20 hours
What they said is a lie, or there must be some misunderstanding.

You may not drive alone when you have a driving license of 36 months.
You may, perfectly legal with the Belgium law, with your driving license of 36 months that is at least valid for 3 months,
take 2 hours driving lessons and go to your practical exam with a car of a driving school accompanied by a driving instructor.
luisvalencia123

Bericht door luisvalencia123 »

de rijprof schreef:
What is a lie?
that I can't take 2 hours only as somebody suggested here.They said that I still have to do the 20 hours
What they said is a lie, or there must be some misunderstanding.

You may not drive alone when you have a driving license of 36 months.
You may, perfectly legal with the Belgium low, with your driving license of 36 months that is at least valid for 3 months,
take 2 hours driving lessons and go to your practical exam with a car of a driving school accompanied by a driving instructor.

So to summarize everything:
I already passed the theorical exam.
I must go to the districthuis for a 36 month temporary drivers license
Then I go to Deurne again and schedule the practical exam within 3 months from now.
Within those 3 months, I must do 2 hours with a driving school.
On the day of the exam I must go with a person from the driving school.
I also have the contact of a SPANISH Translator, can he be my accompany driver for the practical exam?

Or:
I must not go to the districthuis
I must go to a driving school and ask for 20 hours.
After the 20 hours, they put a seal on my paper, and with the theoric result plus that seal, I go to districthuis and they give me an 18 month temporary license and I can drive alone.
Then I go to Deurne to schedule the practical exam.
The day of the exam, I must however go with an accompany driver?

Please confirm if something of what I said above is wrong

And another question, just in case I take the decision of the 20 hours.
Can the driving school be in any place? I live in antwerp but I work in buggenhout, west flanders, there is adriving school there, and I could easily do the 20 hours there. Is this valid?

Thank you
bert.covens

Bericht door bert.covens »

luisvalencia123 schreef:So to summarize everything:
Then I go to Deurne again and schedule the practical exam within 3 months from now.
I also have the contact of a SPANISH Translator, can he be my accompany driver for the practical exam?
Indeed. You can go to your district house, and get a temporay drivers license for 36 months immediately. As from this moment, you can start driving, but you always must be accompanied by someone who has his drivers license for at least 8 years.

Don't forget a second rear mirror inside the car for your coach (obligatory)!

After at least 3 months, you can do your practical exam. If you go with a driving school, they mostly require at least 2 hours of lessons, in order to evaluate your chances. But it 's also possible to do your practical exam with your private car, accompanied by someone who has his drivers license B for at least 8 years. When you do your practical exam with your private car and coach, there are no lessons required.

You can do a practical exam with an interpreter. But in that case, it has to be a certified interpreter, choosen by the exam centre. Therefore, you will have to pay an additional cost price. Please take informations at the driving school in advance!
luisvalencia123 schreef: Or:
After the 20 hours, they put a seal on my paper, and with the theoric result plus that seal, I go to districthuis and they give me an 18 month temporary license and I can drive alone.
Those 20 hours in a certified (registered) driving school, are a strict minimum. Your instructor can only give you that paper, when he's really convinced that you are able to drive a car safe enough. Sometimes, more lessons are required.

:arrow: Registered driving schools are identified with a 4-digit number.

It is not possible to do your practical exam on your own. During your practical exam with your private car, you must be accompanied by someone who is at least 24 years old, with a drivers license B (no matter how long). When you do your practical exam with a driving school, you go with their car and you are accompanied by their instructor.
luisvalencia123 schreef:And another question, just in case I take the decision of the 20 hours.
Can the driving school be in any place? I live in antwerp but I work in buggenhout, west flanders, there is adriving school there, and I could easily do the 20 hours there. Is this valid?
Yes, that's valid.

There's only one condition. It must be a registered driving school (identified by a 4-digit number).

In general. When you go with a driving school, you go to the exam centre that is responsible for the place where your driving school is settled. When you go with your own car, you must go to the exam centre that is responsible for the place where you live.
Goed autorijden, betekent vooral ook aan anderen denken
de rijprof
Medewerker
Contacteer:

So to summarize everything:
Yes, do this as soon as possible and your minimum of 3 months practicing starts from the date on your license.
This means that you may do your practical exam 3 months later than the date that you get your 36 months license.
Only if you go with a private car and a coach.
If you go with a car of the driving school and an instuctor you make your appointment at the driving school.
No, only if you want to do your practical with a driving school, they ask you to follow at least 2 hours.
If you go with a private car and a coach you must not follow lessons in a driving school.
No it depends whether you go with a private car then you go with a coach
or when you go with a driving school car you go with an instructor.
I also have the contact of a SPANISH Translator,
If your dutch isn't too well you need a translator. Aks for a legal translator (an interpreter).
can he be my accompany driver for the practical exam?
I suppose not, but you can ask him and you also need a private car then.

Or:
20 hours driving lessons will cost you about 1200 €
Afther those lessons (20 h) you can get a document and you can ask for a 18 months driving license at your districthouse. With that 18 months license you may drive alone.

Please confirm if something of what I said above is wrong

And another question, just in case I take the decision of the 20 hours.
You may choose.
de rijprof
Medewerker
Contacteer:

Because you don't have a car and neither a coach, the only possibility is that you go to a driving school (or rijbegeleiding).
In your case, go or telephone to a driving school and ask them the best solution for you.

in my opinion:

1. Get your 36 months driving license in your districthouse as soon as possible (ID, theory document + 2 photo's and 9 €). You may not drive alone (but you may drive with a coach).
2. Go to a driving school and ask for information in which the language you can have your lessons (English) and ask information about an approved Spanish interpreter (translator).
They probably will propose you a test lesson so that your instructor can see if you can drive good enough to make a real chance to pass your practical exam.
3. If your driving seems not good enough your instructor will propose you to take more lessons.
4. If your driving is good enough you can do your exam the soonest 3 months afther the date of your 36 months driving license. The driving school will arrange an appointment for your practical exam.
5. You pass the practical exam and get a document.
6. You go to your districtshouse with that document, ID, 2 photo's + 16 €
and aks for a permanent driving license.
levalencia123

Bericht door levalencia123 »

perfect, I understand now this 100%

I propose this thread should be PINNED.

And also the title should be changed :)
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

luisvalencia123 schreef: So to summarize everything:

Small correction :
The exam must be at least 3 months after the date of issue of the temporary driver's license B.

You have to arrange a translator with the examination centre - they've got a list of approved translators.

The translator can't be the accompanying coach, as the latter has to remain quiet during the entire examination.
The translator becomes a 4th person in the car.

Yes.
In this case, the only requirement is that this accompanying driver has a valid driver's license B.

Or you could go with the driving school's car and instructor.
Gast

Bericht door Gast »

What are the consequences of driving without an accompanying driver? If the police stops to check papers?

What about if I go with a driver that has instead of 8 years of experience, only 7 or 4? If the police stops to check papers?

What are the consequences on both cases in case of an accident?

I just want to know the law about it.
levalencia123

Bericht door levalencia123 »

Gast schreef:What are the consequences of driving without an accompanying driver? If the police stops to check papers?

What about if I go with a driver that has instead of 8 years of experience, only 7 or 4? If the police stops to check papers?

What are the consequences on both cases in case of an accident?

I just want to know the law about it.

No idea, probably in case of accident the insurance will not be valid.
In case the police stops you and you dont meet these, then a serious fine?
jeancarlo

Bericht door jeancarlo »

Somebody told me that if you are caught on the street without a driver next to you, the fine is 500 Euro.

Extremely ridiculous. It seems that some Belgium laws were done by dumbs.

Examples of stupid rules:
Even if you are 40 and you have been driving 20 years, you have to wait 3 months to make the practical exam and you cant drive alone. (DUMB LAW)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. This is considered Racism if you come from another country.

I would really like that somebody gives me a clever explanation of a dumb law, I assume nobody can do this.
Plaats reactie